Mats and matting products are important floor coverings that help ensure safety, facility cleanliness and appearance, and worker productivity. Mats serve a range of purposes including: safeguarding workers from slips, falls, and other hazards; trapping and removing dirt from the soles of shoes; and protecting work surfaces from wear and tear.
Benefits of good mats and matting solutions
Installing good matting products within a facility can provide the following benefits:
- Reducing worker injuries and liabilities. Floor mats provide safe surfaces on which to walk. Non-slip mats can reduce fall injuries to workers, customers and visitors – an important consideration in areas where wet floor surfaces create poor traction and grip. Non-slip mats are available that also provide resistance to greases and chemicals, and important factor in many food service and industrial environments.
- Reducing worker fatigue and improving productivity. Workers whose jobs require prolonged periods of standing or walking can become fatigued from hard floor surfaces. Anti-fatigue mats provide a cushioned and supportive surface that can reduce the incidence of fatigue and muscle strains.
- Providing hazard protection. Electrical equipment and the potential for shocks and discharges can present a real hazard to personnel. High-voltage matting is available to provide a safe surface for workers who service or operate electrical equipment. Anti-static matting can also prevent the accumulation of static charges on workers which can damage or degrade sensitive electronics or components.
- Improving facility cleanliness and air quality. Dirt and contaminants tracked into a facility on the soles of people’s shoes can degrade cleanliness and air quality. High-quality entrance matting can trap dirt and contaminants, reducing the need for cleaning interventions.
Mats and matting solutions from CRG
CRG provides a wide array of mats and matting solutions. From economical runner matting, to quality matting for specialized applications, we can provide a solution for your needs. Applications and matting types we can supply include the following:
- Runner matting. Also known as rib matting, this economical matting solution is a good choice for walkways, hallways, aisleways, and stairways. CRG can supply runner matting with or without an adhesive backing.
- Non-slip matting. Designed for work areas where fluids and debris can accumulate on floor surfaces, such as in production environments and those in food service and processing. These mats allow fluids and debris to easily fall through the matting, providing workers with a dry, anti-slip surface. Non-slip matting can significantly reduce worker slips and falls resulting from slippery floor surfaces, decreasing injury time-off and worker compensation claims.
- Anti-fatigue matting. A necessity for work areas where worker comfort and fatigue must be addressed. Anti-fatigue mats alleviate the worker discomfort that results from standing, while providing a stable standing environment.
- Heat-resistant matting. Appropriate for welding stations, machine shops, or areas where heat-generating equipment is used, these mats feature a special heat resistant composition designed to repel sparks and hot metal.
- Anti-static matting. Made from conductive materials, these mats dissipate static charges which can damage sensitive electronic components and equipment. Anti-static mats also increase facility safety by preventing the incidence of sparks which could initiate the combustion of flammable or explosive materials.
- High-voltage matting. This safety matting is used around high-voltage equipment, switchgear, fuse boxes, and control panels where workers must be insulated and protected from electrical shocks.
- Entrance matting. These mats are the first barrier for preventing dirt and contaminants from being tracked into buildings. High-quality entrance mats can greatly reduce the costs associated with building maintenance and cleaning.
- Food service matting. Food service mats must resist degradation from oils and greases while providing a non-slip surface that allows drainage of spills and liquids. Food service mats from CRG have antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that make them a proven choice for servicing the demands of these applications.
- Wet area matting. CRG supplies matting for pool areas, locker rooms, saunas, and other areas which offer four-way drainage, with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal additives to provide maximum barefoot hygiene.
- Sports matting. Used in sports facilities, including gymnasiums, fitness centers, athletic facilities, and multi-purpose rooms. Rubber sports matting from CRG can provide a non-absorbent and cut resistant flooring surface that stands up extremely well to wear and tear.
- Vehicle matting. CRG can supply matting cut-to-size, or custom cut for a precise fit, that will handle many vehicle applications. Matting we can supply includes that for cars, trucks and SUV’s, as well as those used in mass transit, agriculture and construction, and off-roading. We can also supply custom-cut flat mats for vintage cars.
If you have a matting need, our sales team will be pleased to review your requirements and recommend a solution. For more information about CRG mats and matting solutions, please contact our sales department at email@example.com.