At CRG, we partner with leading automotive OEM’s and Tier 1-3 suppliers to service their need for parts made from rubber, foam, and plasticized materials. With over 30-years’ experience in supplying rubber and foam parts for vehicle applications, CRG represents a proven and reliable source of supply for meeting customers’ needs and requirements.
“With our advanced production capabilities, global supply chain, and tailored support services, CRG is well-positioned to supply rubber, foam and plastic parts for any vehicle program or material specification,” said Paul Carey, CRG automotive sales manager. “These strengths allow us to supply high-quality parts for platform programs such as the GM T1, as well as material specifications such as the Honda HES C201-06, Toyota 1500G, and others. Over the years, leading OEM’s such as General Motors, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, Nissan, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Tesla and others have counted on CRG for the supply of quality parts made from rubber, foam, and plasticized materials.”
CRG supplies rubber parts for vehicle programs that are made from both standard and advanced elastomers, as well as sponges and foams, including the following:
- Nitrile (NBR) and Hydrogenated Nitrile (HNBR)
- Fluoroelastomers, including Viton®
- AEM (Ethylene Acrylic Elastomer), including Vamac®
“Today, automakers are requiring parts fabricated from lighter-weight materials that are more reliable, durable, and environmentally friendly than ever before,” says Carey. “With our extensive supply chain, CRG is able to draw on a deep and wide material portfolio to supply parts at high volume for almost any program or material specification.”
Rubber and foam parts for vehicle applications that CRG can supply include the following:
- Gaskets fabricated from elastomers and foams. Gaskets can be supplied with PSA backing if desired.
- Parts for air induction systems, including grommets and seals.
- Seals and stripping for a range of applications, including: body; driveline; engine; steering and suspension; wheel-end; bearing; and doors, windows, hoods and trunks.
- Ducts, boots and cuffs. These parts are fabricated from materials that specifically chosen for their resistance to abrasion, solvents, and oils.
- Pedal Pads. Available in a wide variety of sizes and configurations, CRG pedal pads are made from high-wear, slip-resistant materials.
- Isolators and dampeners. Made from rubber, sponge/foam, felt, cork or other materials, CRG isolators and acoustic dampeners deaden and reduce NVH (noise, vibration and harshness).
- Fuel tank cushions. Rubber extrusion strips or die cut pads to prevent unnecessary wear and noise.
- Anti-Vibration Pads. CRG anti-vibration pads are designed to resist compression set, aging, and fluids. Pads can be kiss cut and supplied on rolls for ease of installation.
- Drain valves. CRG compression molds drain valves to A3 tolerances that provide a high-quality seal and maximum water drainage throughout their life cycle.
- CRG supplies rubber grommets of various designs, sizes and shapes to provide protection for vehicle wiring and cabling.
- Trim items, including window seals die cut from rubber extrusions.
- Blow molded bellows, made from a DuPont engineered thermoplastic
- Molded and extruded parts made from Urethanes, Nylon, Polypropylene, Delrin®, etc.
All parts made by CRG for vehicle applications are stringently tested and manufactured under controlled conditions. Test methods that are often employed, depending upon the material specification and part, include those for hardness, tensile strength, thermal aging, compression set and load-deflection, oil resistance, temperature, tearing, flex resistance, electrical resistance, abrasion resistance, flame and water resistance, adhesion, ozone resistance, staining, and others.
CRG understands the importance of value-add and meeting customer requirements in working with OEM’s and their suppliers. “As an ISO 9001:2015 certified supplier, CRG is committed to continuously improving its value chain to enhance customer value and ensure we meet all customer requirements for functionality, quality, cost and timeliness in every project,” comments Carey. “Value-adding services we offer to our automotive partners include program management, global logistics management, rapid prototyping, inventory warehouse management to support JIT parts provision, EDI and bar coding, and PPAP documentation and 2D/3D CAD drawing support.”
For any vehicle program or material specification, CRG has extensive experience in prototyping and developing new parts. For example, recently for a major vehicle program, CRG has developed and will be supplying 13 new production parts to 4 different Tier 1 suppliers.
If you are sourcing rubber and foam parts for vehicle applications, CRG will be pleased to discuss your requirements. To find out more about how we can help service your needs, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.